How To: Set up DHL
Preparing to ship using DHL:
The following account information is REQUIRED ahead of DHL setup on HellaBlack:
- Account Number - To receive a DHL Account Number, you must sign up for your myDHL account here. Depending on your country location, you may be required to speak with a DHL Sales Representative in order to have an account number assigned. Visit their DHL Contact Us page , and select Open an Account to fill out their form request, or or call 1-800-CALL-DHL. A sales rep will be in touch with you to set up your account number.
- Site ID and Password- this is not the same as your myDHL User Id and Password. You MUST register for your Site ID and Password on the DHL XML Services Portal here. Your Account Number is required. You will receive a production Site ID and Password within 1-2 business days.
To configure a shipping method that uses DHL delivery services on HellaBlack:
- In the Administration panel, go to Administration → Shipping & taxes → Shipping methods , or alternatively Setup your store -> Store management -> Setup shipping methods
then, Click "+" button to add shipping method
Then, enter DHL shipping method details
- Step 1. Enter Name—enter the shipping method name, which a customer will see on the checkout page; for example, DHL Express Worldwide
- Step 2. Select Rate calculation—set to DHL.
- Step 3. Select Shipping service—select the desired shipping service, for example, DHL Express Worldwide.
- Step 4. Enter Delivery time - enter the delivery time window.
- Step 5. Make sure the Status is Active.
- Step 6. Enter Weight range. For example, the shipping carrier will calculate up to 4lbs. If the total # of products on checkout weighs over 4lbs, the shipping carrier will recalculate the overages on checkout.
- Step 7. Hit Create.
2. Switch to the Configure Tab, and fill out the form:
- Step 1: Site ID—enter your DHL ID. Note: this is NOT your myDHL User Id.
- Step 2: Password—enter the password for your DHL account. Note: this is NOT your myDHL password.
To get Site ID and Password, register via the DHL XML Services portal with your DHL Express account number. You will receive a production Site ID and Password within 1-2 business days.
- Step 3: Account number—enter your DHL account number.
- Step 4: Account country—specify the country of your DHL account.
- Step 5: Test mode—you can tick this checkbox if you would like to test the shipping method without actually shipping products.
- Step 6: Click Save
Additional field settings:
- System of measurement—choose the system of measurement you want to use for DHL shipping method:
- Imperial (in, lb)
- Metric (cm, kg)
- Max box weight—specify the maximum weight of the box.
- Package length/width/height—define the dimensions of the box.
3. Switch to Test rate calculation tab . Here you can test your shipping calculations based on the Weight, Recipient, and Sender address. Then hit Recalculate rates, and SAVE.
Note: DHL uses the currency of the sender’s country to calculate shipping costs. Set your store’s primary currency under Administration → Currencies to match the DHL currency determined by Account number.